Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

Post by Sherryanne » 06 Nov 2016 14:59

I have always said I 99% believe in the afterlife.

I believe because of things I have experienced myself throughout my life and from stories first hand from people I trust. However, there is that small part of me that keeps questioning.
Recently this is because I thought I would have had more concrete proof from my parents who passed within 19 months of each other. I have had some good evidences and there are times I am annoyed with myself for those little doubts as I have been blessed with those evidences and maybe I should be satisfied with them and not keep asking and needing more. Even so, this is how I feel.

Does anyone feel the same way?

And if you totally believe do you mind sharing what you experienced to come to your conclusion?

I will start with some of my own evidences:

I took part in two ouji experiments. One of these was with my dad and his parents. We did it just the once and there wasn't any problem getting a communication. It was my great granddad whom I never met. I don't recall all the conversation but we talked to him like he was there and there wasn't any hesitation from him in answering the questions. But after a while the replies weren't clear and the movement slowed. My gran didn't like that so she said we needed to stop and we said goodbye and closed the board down. She said she had been curious and now that she saw it did work she didn't need to ever use it again. I have complete trust that none of them pushed the glass. When me and my dad discussed it on occasion he always said, 'The movement of the 'glass' was out of our control.

So that's one. I have more but will leave them for another time.

I have many coincidences which feel more than that. I have seen a few ghosts/spirits/animal spirits.

StephieAck

Re: Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

Post by StephieAck » 30 Nov 2016 13:47

Eek, double posted and no idea how to delete one lol

StephieAck

Post by StephieAck » 30 Nov 2016 13:47

I believe that there is something else after we die, mainly because I chat to the deceased and also recall past lives. If there was nothing, I wouldn't get such accurate details. I don't know why spirits wont tell me what exactly comes next, it is like it is a big secret that we only learn when we pass. I lean more towards it being levels of consciousness and when we pass on, we sort of ascend to a higher level. So yes, I absolutely believe in some sort of afterlife.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 08 Dec 2016 20:00

That's interesting StephieAck

Have you been able to chat to spirit from an early age or did this come about when you got older? I am not able to chat to spirit but I sometimes hear my mum's or dad's thoughts in my head about some things. But I knew them so well that I knew how they would reply so maybe it is just that.

I also think we are not meant to know it all down here - or very few do.

Sometimes I wish I had clearer evidences.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 08 Dec 2016 21:27

I don't know. I am sort of on the fence, not quite sure of what I believe in.

StephieAck

Post by StephieAck » 08 Dec 2016 22:49

Sherryanne wrote:That's interesting StephieAck

Have you been able to chat to spirit from an early age or did this come about when you got older? I am not able to chat to spirit but I sometimes hear my mum's or dad's thoughts in my head about some things. But I knew them so well that I knew how they would reply so maybe it is just that.

I also think we are not meant to know it all down here - or very few do.

Sometimes I wish I had clearer evidences.
I have sensed 'something' and had thoughts that seemed not my own, since I was a little girl. I have always had a fascination with 'ghosts' and then when I was turning 25 it all picked up and kicked in from there and then I got to understand what it had all been. Lovely maternal gift I have haha

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 09 Dec 2016 15:15

It does sound fascinating!

It would be interesting to hear some things you have experienced when you get the time. I have always enjoyed hearing and reading about the mysteries of life.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 13 Dec 2016 22:11

Well if there was no such thing as an 'Afterlife' what a giant hoax that would be for the world..
I mean The Holy ghost lol.... Millions of religons wuld disappear over night,, The RC school would not be able to threaten kids with hell fire and damnation if they didn't do their home work:lol:

The thing is, not everyone who is 'Sensitive to spirit has the ability to actually see it or hear it.. Not all Psychic either as they work on a different level.. Millions of Mediums both mental and physical would have been going thru it for centuries for nothing..

Yes there is something but as they say in Star Trek its Life Jim but not as we know it..

People can choose to develope mediomshi[ skills, if they have an aptitude.. not everyone has it, the ability, but interestingly it seems to run in families..

If you believe in Past Lives then you must believe in an after life of some sort..
I await your comments..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 14 Dec 2016 15:21

I'm not sure I do believe in 'Past Lives' , though I see there are some possible evidences for it regarding some stories of people who claim to have lived before.

But maybe it's because I wouldn't want to come and live and earth life again that I don't want to believe it. Having said that I don't believe there is an Afterlife simply because I want there to be one. I believe it is very likely due to experiences and feelings I have had throughout my life, but there's a part of me on the surface which is not 100% sure. I am 99.9% sure lols. When I look into my depths my core tells me 100%. I just wish I could be the 100% on the surface too.

When one isn't getting constant evidences and proofs it is sometimes hard in the cold light of day to imagine more than this life we have here existing. My mum was so convinced. I wish I had her confidence. Like I said, I do totally believe in the core of me. When I get down I have doubts. When I am lifted I don't. It's a strange old world.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 14 Dec 2016 16:29

No one has constant proof thats pretty ridiculous for any of us to expect. What I will say is the more one developes the more contact one gets.. But you cannot specifically contact a specific person each time.. It depends on who it is how long it is sibce they passed. Ifit is a very long time ago the reason they might not be contactable may be because they have already been reincarnated...
Reincarnation is a big subject and quite complex.. /we could ask why there are reports of people seeing ghostly roman cebturions walking thru walls of a cellar in Chester. Why have they not be re incarnated??... The answer is they are not true spirit entities but echoes of another past.. A replayof energy. One can see them carrying out their everyday tasks, but one cannot interact with them nor they you.
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.