Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Re: Do You Believe in the Afterlife?

Post by Sherryanne » 14 Mar 2017 18:41

Yes, I read stories like that of the medium - well - I now can't remember her name but I do know it. It's on the tip of my tongue. The one who told of the ship going down during the war and had a message from one of the 'dead' soldiers for his mum. She was arrested for her practices and eventually died after complications of ectoplasm retracting when the police burst in during a séance. I'm sure you'll know who I mean!

I suppose the powers that be would lose some of their powers if they acknowledged fully any truth in spiritualist belief. That will be what they are afraid of.

ManOfKent

Post by ManOfKent » 14 Mar 2017 22:25

I do believe there is something there after death.The amount of people that never believed before,but when a loved one dies they say they have sensed something.When my Dad died by son was only a tiny baby,and we had a baby monitor in his room.When we were eating our Tea with the TV sound down we heard a voice on the monitor which sounded just like my Dad`s voice saying "Hello Josh".As I went upstairs I heard a bang in the bedroom,and there was no one in there with my son still asleep.
Seeing is believing

Proud Man Of Kent,Proud Gills Fan

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 15 Mar 2017 17:20

MOK I have heard this a few times.. Maybe a baby monitor recorded or passed to you an EVP...
I think it is rather nice that he came to visit his lil grandson...

Believe it on noy for the last 30 minutes or so, things have been happening here.. I can smell Nivea for Men aftershave Balm that my partner used to use.. He passed exactly 8 months to the day..

Before he died he asked me how long it was after my dad died, that my mum died, I said it was 8 months, he said 'I wonder how long you will last after I have gone'...

Is this a Co incidence or is he checking up on me....
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 16 Mar 2017 14:23

That is a lovely story about your dad coming to see your baby son, Manofkent. Several years ago my friend's daughter was laying awake after hearing her little boy start crying. She wondered if he might go back to sleep and suddenly heard someone whispering, Ssshhh, go back to sleep, through the baby moniter. She doesn't know who it could have been.

I reckon your partner is checking up on you Blt. Just letting you know he is still looking out for you.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Mar 2017 10:14

Yes he probably is, it was the time period that was special as we had talked about it months before he died.. Also StormDoris wrecked my grenhouse that he set up for me and I will have to dismantle the frame today as my buddy is building me a new greenhouse tomorrow ..I wonfered exactly how they know when times and dates crop up :lol: do they have some kind of celestial calendar, so they show up on anniversary days and special occasions..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 17 Mar 2017 15:17

That's a thought as they seem to remember those dates better than we do lols! I read somewhere that they know when we are happy or going through a tough time as our energies reach out to them and they can then come in close. to keep an eye on us. I think during the in between times they are off and away doing whatever they are doing in the summerlands or whatever is chosen to call it and just pop in now and again.

That storm Doris has a lot to answer for!

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Mar 2017 19:13

Imagine the first anniversary of their passing, you will remember this.. all the events that led up to it, what people said and did, who was there, it is still raw.. Birthdays, Valentines Day, the first christmas without someone who you used to spend time with at that time of year.. these are the difficult times and if they can see us, and hearus, they will know if we are still sad or upset, so you may get contact.. I think ot goes on whilst you need to deal with the memories..