Your thoughts please ??

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Your thoughts please ??

Post by clarkey » 02 Dec 2014 20:22

Hi Guys - would like your thoughts on this photo. It was taken in the early sixties outside my house, this is the house where I lived before I got married. The wall on the right is in front of our house and I can see 2 figures. One looks like it is leaning on the wall and the other looks like a lady with a large hat on. Don't think this is a trick of the light or shadows. Would appreciate your comments. Does help if you enlarge it.
1012929_10203404136366158_4779050017356951084_n.jpg

cindyrogers

Re: Your thoughts please ??

Post by cindyrogers » 02 Dec 2014 20:25

I can see the two figures you are referring to. How interesting. You don't think it's a double exposure of some type??

Topic author
clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 02 Dec 2014 20:32

Don't know Cindy, don't know much about photography. Just seems strange two people late at night talking on our front, certainly wasn't us. :(

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 02 Dec 2014 20:51

The figure leaning on the wall appears normal to me.. Never heard of a spirit 'weight bearing' that is essentially for the living.. The fact someone is leaning on the wall means to me that they are either watching something or someone or talking to someone that they can see, maybe the second figure.. I have enlarged it and the second figure is more fuzzy... Will see what others make of it... Do you have the negative?
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 03 Dec 2014 15:07

I see the two figures also. I can't control the zoom right now to have a proper look though. It's certainly interesting. I can also see what to me looks like the head and shoulders of a woman, in the bottom right of the pic, but that might just be my imagination.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Dec 2014 16:48

It doesn't look like the characteristic double exposures of the 120 and the 110 and 35mm films.. I do not suppose you know who took the pic or the camera.. But old type roll films often had a double exposure as there were no teeth on the cog to wind the film on.. Unlike 35mm or instamatic type cameras of that time..
The Anomoly bottom right just looks like a pale oval image to me, I can't make out shoulders etc let alone determine if its a woman...
In double exposures it would affect the whole photo and you would see other anomalies overlapping and as far as I can see, I cannot find any.. Any one can lean against any wall chatting.. But the background of the wall is interesting, because you can follow the cap of the wall right thru the standing figure yet not the second figure... :?: Pity RH is off line for another week...She would be very interested in this pic...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 03 Dec 2014 19:50

I didn't take the photo so I carn't say what kind of camera it was taken with or by whom. It just seemed strange that you can make the wall out through the figures especially the one on the left. The photo was one of many of my home town years ago. I took a good look at it as it was in front of my old house and somebody else commented on the figures near the wall. Very interested in the wall as my granddad built it.

This house is very old, we think it was once a farm house as it had stables and a cold room with big hooks hanging from the ceiling in it till it was modernised. My granddad lived next door and owned the two houses at one time. It has a large garden at the back, backing onto a park.

My dad lived there on his own after my mum died until 1999 when he died, he never believed in ghosts or anything like that, but about two years before he died he said he saw somebody walking down the garden in very old fashioned style clothing carrying a lantern. When he went outside to see who it was it disappeared. At the time I thought he might have imagined it, but this photo got me wondering if he did actually see something.

There might be a simple explanation to this photo, but at this moment it just seems very strange and thought worthy of other peoples opinions.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Dec 2014 20:23

Thats an interesting bit of info... The hooks hanging up and the cold room suggests that the farm butchered their own livestock... Maybe the guy with the lantern was a 'replay'...A spirit farmer coming back home after a days work..

Topic author
clarkey
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by clarkey » 04 Dec 2014 09:39

This is a photo that was taken about 1905 just a bit further up from the other photo. I think the lady on the left is wearing clothes especially the hat similar to these. Just my opinion.
10363766_10205072563884529_7689490884356121391_n.jpg

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Dec 2014 11:21

Very interesting, what strikes me about both photos are the lack of cars.... The streets today are so much busier... In the first photo I thought the road looked extreme;y icy, I suppose they didn't grit and there wasn't enought traffic to break it up like today..