witches or wiccan

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
Ming

witches or wiccan

Post by Ming » 20 Aug 2014 13:02

Watching a fainting show called: The King's war on witches.
And how he wrote a book on how to try and convict a witch. It looked into the religious hatred that went on in in a climate of intolerance and hate.
Do you think witchcraft is still able to influence the way people act?
A lot of the witch trials were done under fear from a prodistant king who feared an upsurge in Catholicism.
Are wiccans becoming get more attractive to yougsters because it is becoming a cool fad?
Wither you believe in ghosts or not; one fact is undeniable.
The dead outnumber the living.

bluelighttouch

Re: witches or wiccan

Post by bluelighttouch » 20 Aug 2014 14:47

You ask a lot of things in one post..
So Wicca is a nature relater belief..Its pretty harmless...Most Wiccans I have met have been decent upright citizens... My own son followed the Wiccan way for a few years.. It all faded away when he went to Uni...

Witches and those witch hunts!! Were dreadful persecutions of innocent people, powered by greed. These poor people could be denounced for little or no reason, owning a cat was one.... A witches Familiar they said, Huh more like some form of keeping the mice and rats down...
A wise woman may have been a herbalist, or even a midwife like me... But deliver a baby with say a 'Club foot' which is genetic and congenital, nothing to do with who delivers it at all. so she gets denouced as a Witch for cursing the mother etc... People got denouced if the cows milk dried up, or hens went off lay!!

If you denounced someone as a Witch, you could after their death, claim their goods and chattels.. Great way to build up your fortune or get rid of a business rival....

In this day and age, we hope we are more sensible and educated...
I have friends who refer to themselves as 'Pagan'... I do not feel they would like to be referred to as Witches though... In that group there are Mediums, a Homeopath, lots of Therapists and practioners, professional people... Not quite the 'Hubble bubble toil n' trouble type...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Ming

Post by Ming » 21 Aug 2014 14:01

The programme made a point that before king James 1st wrote the book; every village in England had a wise woman who cured people from mixing things from the land.
I agree that the witch trials were nothing ore than greed and power. I do think that there is a lot we can learn from nature and being in touch with mother nature. Guess we need to open our minds a little.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 21 Aug 2014 18:16

Pagans seem to embrace God and Goddesses.. certain times of the year are the Solstices..Spring, Which I think is called Imbulk or Imoulk.. The Winter Solstice is Dec 21st I think.. Samhain is the Autumn one you call it Halloween.. I do not know much about Paganism, but they are nice people and they seem to lurve to party :D
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
Ming

Post by Ming » 21 Aug 2014 20:09

I noticed that at the summer solcist. Getting in touch with nature sure dose involve
Smoking blow, drinking cheap cider and not washing. :lol:
I Know am stereotyping, but it's funny. :D

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 21 Aug 2014 20:24

Well one of my pagan buddies is an authority on Cider and is know at Camra beer festivals as The Cider Lady...
I'm pretty sure they wash though, cos I went to a'Do' with them and we all booked into a Premier Inn :lol:

Topic author
Ming

Post by Ming » 22 Aug 2014 09:10

Do you think that there is still a place for witches in today's society; or have they served their purpose and they have lost their role?

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 25 Aug 2014 19:02

I do not know much about it to comment really.. My son was into wicca about 20 yrs back...
I can't say I was comfortable with it, but teenage boys often ignore anything their parents disappprove of ..

Topic author
Ming

Post by Ming » 28 Aug 2014 09:11

Very interesting bluelighttouch
a friend sent me a photo of three women in China accused of wichcraft.
They were chained and heads put in stocks. When I work out how to post it, ill put it up.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 28 Aug 2014 09:26

China is a country rife witth superstition.. I often wonder about the term Witch.. It smacks of the ignornace of the Middle Ages and I'm sure most people would fine the term both offensive and inaccurate ..
I know a few Pagans but I think even they would be offended too...
But different nations cultures have different levels of login and commonsense..