The Supernatural World

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

bluelighttouch

Re: The Supernatural World

Post by bluelighttouch » 08 Sep 2013 20:23

:lol:Never mind,maybe one day ...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

GraveDigger1863

The Supernatural World: Define It

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 11 Sep 2013 19:56

Read all the postings, really good points, by the way, but still am curious how each one defines the word "supernatural" in the context of their overall belief system.We could start with a "fairy" and go up the ladder to summoning Lucifer himself and everything in between."Magic, Sorcery, Necromancy, Elementals, any of the Dark Arts.But look into the bible and the "supernatural" abounds there, more in the Old Testament. I mean "'talking with "God", has got to be up there as something 'supernatural", as somethhing that does not take place every day.

The 'Plagues of Egypt", some can be explaned, todsy, otherd asre as much a "mystery' as they were 6,000 (+)(-) years ago. One eventr in the New Testament, the raising of Lazaras, Luke 16:19-31 KJV , would most certainly be considered a "supernatrual event". I'll pass the well known "story" of Christ and His return from the "dead'. How "supernatrual" can one get, coming back to life after being dead.
We could look at "supernatural creatures" till the cows come home. From "dragons" to "unicorns", to "mermaids", etc., etc., etc,. As to "ghosts", the possibility is more interesting than the gradual demise in the belief in "vampires or werewolves'. I think there are some basic 'supernatural beliefs" but agreement among all on what is it, we might have to wait till "what freezes over"?
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Sep 2013 20:25

In biblical times seeing Lazarus raised from the dead, may well have seemed'Supernatural' etc...Because they had nothing to compare it to, no modern science or other explanation.
But consider this if you will, 'Was Lazarus actually dead...?' I'm not into the bibles.. But I recall being told that he said 'Lazarus take up thy bed and walk'... So maybe he wasn't dead but 'Fainted, or was Catatonic'.... In biblical times they never had cardiac resusitation did they, so maybe resus would seem like a miracle to them, but was almost an everyday occurance in my ITU and CCU's... Its just their perseption of death, when it may not have been the case.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 11 Sep 2013 21:32

Yep, might be the case. Considering how many times words were used, rightly or wrongly, no telling what was originally seen , heard, or observed by the time the completed product "hit the stands and even then who was interperting it. I'll just go with what I think works for me: Any experrience, occurances, manifestatins, or object that is beyond the laws of nature and sccience and whose understanding may be said to lie with religion, magic, or the mystical". "The Element Encyclopedia of the Psychic World", p.688. Theresa Cheung.2006.
"NON NOBIS, DOMINE, NON NOBIS, SED NOMINI TUO DA GLORUM". Knight Templar oath found carved in most Templar churches, including, Rosslyn Chapel, England.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 11 Sep 2013 23:20

..........................but who is to say what is beyond the laws of nature? Who knows? New things, even animals are still being discovered.

GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 13 Sep 2013 03:49

TYVM for sharing that information.Very helpful and quite interesting. Wicca, when I first got involved was "witchcraft", simple name chnage and it'd more politically correct. I enjoy Wicca particaption, in groups or alone. As for stating Wicca is Satanism suggest looking up definition oe each and it should clear things up.

Topic author
wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 15 Sep 2013 10:57

Yes, I noticed alot of mainstream religions are starting to use the word 'Supernatural' in their dogma. Again, if you look in the bible there are hidden 'Occult' meanings and uses. (Although, no offense intended, personally I cant see this having had anything to with the 'Christian God'. The actual word 'God' spelt backwards is the word 'Dog' and denotes an animal not a man.

GraveDigger1863

Post by GraveDigger1863 » 15 Sep 2013 18:47

I've found, discovered, etc., that the "power' per se, is neither "good nor evil", it exists to be used, it is what one chooses to do with it that defines it and the practioner. Like OBE, it can be seen as a good or evil "psychic practice" as the person chooses and whether others beleve in such. Meditation, as I have learned, is part of the process for me. Other will no doubt disagree but over time I have found out what works for me

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 17 Sep 2013 14:09

Meditation is good for achieving a deep state of trance etc... It can be less deep for spiritual relaxation or for a contact excercies.. There are maybe ways to work or 'open up'...

OBE's astral Travelling and Remote viewing are all something to be explored, with guidance from a mentor is sensible until experienced..

Topic author
wwill2010

Post by wwill2010 » 20 Sep 2013 08:52

I agree with you both on Meditation, it is part of the answer. As far as good and evil is concerned, I learned in my studies of Magick that doing what some say is 'good' is not always in someones elses best interests. Its very differcult to define what is'goid'. Ive learnt that 'Darkness IS Light turned inside out'. Which basicly means they are one and the same. Sometimes, as im told by my spirit entities, light blinds you to the truth, whilst the darknes, enpowers you to see through the light. We must therefore(from what ive learned) enpower ourselves through the darkness as we can not see everything that is in the light. Anything supernatural therefore needs thought process which are way beyond lthe light.