do our thoughts count....

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

bluelighttouch

Re: do our thoughts count....

Post by bluelighttouch » 23 Jan 2015 19:07

I alway think you can't go to jail for what you are thinking..
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 24 Jan 2015 20:55

yeah, true. I guess the difference is intent. like my example of the guy who was on his way to kill someone but was hit by a car on the way, compared to someone who might have had an angry thought of harming someone but didn't act on it. you cant go to jail for an angry thought that you never make any plans to act upon, but the guy who was on his way to kill someone but was stopped from doing it could have gone to jail for that. people have been sent to jail for plotting to murder someone.

Bobtheghost

Post by Bobtheghost » 25 Jan 2015 01:39

That sounds right. Conspiring to commit murder is illegal, angry thoughts aren't.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 26 Jan 2015 16:29

The way things are with ISIs and terrorist Act its a wonder the govenrments of the world haven't got together on the Mass reading of minds :lol: That would give them all something to do so there wouldn't be time to carry out acts of war and aggression.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 04 Apr 2017 16:04

Thinking about the thread title, I wonder if it is more geared towards the catholic religion. Only they seen=m to teach in such a way that they taught Firel n' brimstone.. So the RC church ruled by fear.. Their schools were stricter than C of E schools thats for sure..
It seems on the subject that Evil thoughts in catholic eyes signal hell and damnation, yet I recalled being told as a child that 'You can't go to jail for what you are thinking...

So when you see njustice in the world don't you wish someome would Zap Isis off the face of the planet.. I know I do...

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 05 Apr 2017 20:43

There was a catholic girl on our street when I was a girl. There was a big family of girls, all with red hair. And they were all fiery lols. This girl who occasionally was in with our crowd was very confident. She used to pinch sweets from local shops and said that it didn't matter what she did as she just had to confess each Sunday and it would be forgiven. I guess she had it easy compared to many in that religion.

Another of my friends was taught by nuns at a catholic school when in juniors. She said they were the cruellest people.

On do our thoughts count on going to heaven or hell? I don't believe in heaven and hell. At least not in that way. As someone else in this thread said - it depends on our belief or our own personal creation - but I am not totally sure on that.

I would think as has already been said - We can't go to jail on a thought.

Isis are terrifying in what they are doing and trying to do against world peace. I to wish they could be zapped of the face of the planet. As it is they are pouring into every country and wanting to destroy it. The world will surely turn against them. Maybe good will come from their evil? But it's a hard price to pay and nobody knows how long it will go on or how much worse it will get.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 06 Apr 2017 11:38

I this the RC teaching was to control behaviour by fear and to a point it worked for some but it also let children think it didn't matter if they were bad as they just went to Confession were given a pathetic [emamce like saying 'Two Our Fathers' and some othe Hail Mary prayer to get away with it..

Kind of hypocritical when you think of all the behind the scenes Abuse of Choir boys etc.. and all the cover ups in particular.. I have several Rc mates and none of them will now go to Mass, not even at Christmas, they say they are none practising because of the Fearpushed at them as a child.. I used to think that the church was a good thing when I was little and went to Sunday school.. But they got more intrusive in our lives and we left..

Other religons rule by fear its not just RC.. Mormans, JW;s and of couse ISIS.. Ut is these thoughts of Fear of Retribution that hurt people and make them commit unspeakable acts in the name of some deity.. Interestingly I think only the RC has Exhorcism ceremonies used today upon request..

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 06 Apr 2017 15:01

I don't know any Roman Catholic who enjoyed the experience as a child - and they left in adulthood.

Having said that I don't know what happened regarding the young friend who stole and wasn't worried due to confessions. I lost touch with her when in my early teens.

Religion has a lot to answer for. I had a friend during secondary school whose family were JW. Her mum got breast cancer and refused an operation due to the religious beliefs and not taking blood. So only a year later my friend and her little brother, who would have only been in junior school were left without a mum.

As I remember the mum she was a lovely warm and loving lady. After she died the family came out of the religion but it was too late for the mum.

I really don't like that religion. I have know of families who broke up because some believed and others didn't and the church encouraged the believers to split from none believers. I know of a young man who committed suicide because the church made him feel so bad about himself. And he did it in the most horrific way - as though to punish himself. I have no time for those people.

But they do seem to be all the same in one way or another. As you said Blt - C of E does seem to be the easiest going right now but not sure it has always been that way.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 06 Apr 2017 21:45

I think Heaven and Hell are actually Ancient Greek concepts. Heaven or ''The Elysian fields'' is where good warriors would go and ''hell'' their name for the volcanic crater of Mt. Etna, is where all villains went. (Originally the place where Zeus cast down Triton the Titan, who tried to steal his father Cronos's strength!)
Greek beliefs heavily influenced early Jewish thinking and indeed many of the ancient belief systems.
Although the earlier Egyptian system had an ''afterlife'' it wasn't a ''heaven'' or ''hell.'' (More what modern practitioners of spiritualism call - the other side! :eek: )
So, essentially, if you had good thoughts - would you go to the ''other side'' or if you had bad thoughts - like the attempted murderer, would you be consumed by the fires of Mt. Etna - or in other words, cease to exist?!
Well, in law although you might be on the way to kill someone at the last moment you could have changed your mind, which is why it is only called ''attempted murder.''
I guess it really depends on why you wanted to kill that person - they could be a nasty sadist and you may be their justice, or you could just be the nasty person. It is all a matter of cause and effect. At the end of the day, unless you really are a base villain, you are headed fort the elysian fields! :) :)

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 07 Apr 2017 17:53

Hang on Juno, the Rc make people do penance for Impure thoughts lol, I do not think we were thinking of killing anyone generally.. Its just certain religons rule by fear.. Its not just them..
JW's are not allowed to date non Jw'slol, I fell foul of that one years ago.. In the end I gave up on the guy..