do our thoughts count....

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Re: do our thoughts count....

Post by SandDancer » 04 May 2013 22:08

I'm going to get back to this one........phew Benn, I'm glad you joined our forum. Your posts are on subjects that I became fascinated by when I first started to look into the paranormal. I used to get as many books out of the library as I could, as often as I could.

I'm going to enjoy these discussions, I can tell you that..........but I'm too tired tonight because I've had a busy day with one thing and another and can hardly put together a sentence let alone a coherent thought. :)

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 05 May 2013 10:36

I was thinking about this subject.. and I do not think I have even had evil thoughts about someone. I couldn't live with myself.. I try to live an honest and meaningful life which so far has centered around helping others... I just hope when I need help someone will do the same for me ...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 11 Oct 2014 16:25

Of course so far no one has...
I think thoughts are actually very powerful.. Think of the people who come on and ask for Prayers and healing thought for a sick loved one or a pet even... Intentional thought is powerful..
A thought can be implanted to into the minds of others... To give comfort or to frighten even like curses..
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 30 Oct 2014 13:28

I remember when I was young and taking confirmation classes we had to confess any 'bad' thoughts. I think I was about 12 or 13 at the time and was quite perturbed every time I thought bad thoughts about someone..........of course they were just typical childish angst, nothing really bad but I was unsettled for months and used to say 'sorry Lord', every time I had one. :-), I spent quite a lot of time apologising I think. :lol:

I do think positive thoughts and healing thoughts do help though. I also think meditation helps too.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 30 Oct 2014 16:13

I'm not RC so I have never had that kind or pressure religonwise... I guess C of E means do your own thing...
I do not exactly follow that way either, went down the sp route about 14 years ago...

I have mates who are Zen Bhuddists and they say, they can eat what they like on any day and think what they like too... Nowt wrong with that :D

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 30 Oct 2014 19:07

I'm C of E too, but my church was just about as high as you can get without being Catholic. I don't know if it is still the same but I think you had to be confirmed in order to become a Godparent.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 30 Oct 2014 19:23

Thats ok cos I'm no ones God parent...

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 30 Oct 2014 21:27

I have two go daughters.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 31 Oct 2014 10:14

I think I had God parents myself but I only knew of one and she died years ago, she certainly never had anything to do with my upbringing...:eek:

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 23 Jan 2015 00:08

I think there is a big difference between little bad thoughts like "her outfit looks awful" or feeling angry at someone and getting the occasional "i really want to slap them" and thinking of doing really bad things. maybe its about intent, like theres a difference between getting an angry feeling of wanting to hurt someone who has annoyed you, and actually planning on doing it.

like my hypothetical guy who died on his way to commit a murder, he didn't just think it, but he planned it-presumably anyone wanting to plan a murder would have thought of a weapon, how to cover their tracks and where to hide the body, and then he set off out with his murder weapon to go and do it. im guessing if hell exists, yeah, someone who was actually going to murder someone but was only stopped by forces beyond their control (like getting hit by a car), would go there.