why do some have psychic abilities and others dont?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
cazmummy5

why do some have psychic abilities and others dont?

Post by cazmummy5 » 21 Jan 2012 20:24

I believe you have an ability to be open or not

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 21 Jan 2012 20:26

i dont know, i wish i could be more psychic though, but i just seem to not be.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 21 Jan 2012 20:54

Everyone has the ability to develope.. It is whether you choose to do so, or not. Many people have the ability but are frightened to pursue it.. my own mother included..

It was something that happened to her mother too, (my nana) who cose to develop.. she if you like, encouraged me.. but my mother denied her gift..her reasons were because of my father forbidding her. However since his passing she rekindled her interest. :ghost:
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

handsomedude

Post by handsomedude » 22 Jan 2012 14:51

I would love to develop but i think the younger you do it
the better chance you have of achieving it.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 22 Jan 2012 16:28

Its not Ice skating George.. If you chose to you could do it..
However there are certain criterias that you need to meet first..

for starters it is not good for anyone who suffers fro, Depression or Anxiety to try to open up and develop
Some psychiatric patient have auditory hallucination as well as hallucinating generally. It is due to their illness and not due to any divine intervention etc.. They will swear they are seeing angels, god is talking to them etc..

It will make their precarious position far worse.... I'm afraid a lot of psychiatric patient are drawn to sp churches.. I went to a local one and pointed out about 5 of them from the local mental illness unit.. The organiser was most grateful... They were long term in patints..

I have taught Deveolpments circles up to intermediate to advanced levels of Mental mediumship.. I would do Physical Mediumship too, but because of all the traumas of the last year I am taking a year out from teaching any circles.
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 24 Jan 2012 18:59

yeah, its probably not a good idea for this sort of person to develop, and i guess a lot of mentally ill people do think they are psychic as they dont realise the true sources of the voices they are hearing.

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 24 Jan 2012 23:20

Very true Kayls.. It not the same but in their distorted veiw of things 'paranormal' they do not understand and are so desperate to be normal they miss the fact they are just not having a psychic interlude ase much as a psychotic episode,, sad but true,,

bluelighttouch
Great Britain

Post by bluelighttouch » 16 Aug 2012 16:14

I just dragged this one up as I feel sure some of you will have more to say on the subject..

GothicNateC

Post by GothicNateC » 18 Aug 2012 01:59

I don't hahaha

handsomedude

Post by handsomedude » 18 Aug 2012 09:48

Its a good point also if you do have depression and negative thoughts
You could attract a demon or something. We have a psychic circle in our church
Where you learn to meditate and control your though patterns. But i don't know how
You would know if your psychic?