are ghosts scared of sceptics?

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

are ghosts scared of sceptics?

Post by kayls » 12 Oct 2011 20:11

ive noticed that sometimes ghosts will not appear to a sceptic, like in mh, when sceptical ciaran didnt have much happen to him, and also a few reports online about how the sceptical members of paranormal teams seem to experience less.

why do you think this is?

i have a few ideas:

1. if they experienced something, they wouldnt be a sceptic! the sceptical people are only sceptical because they havent experienced something, and if they were lucky and had everything happen to them, something may convince them that ghosts might exist.

2. ghosts somehow pick up on energy and dont like sceptics as they know that they dont believe (although personally as a ghost i may show myself or something anyway).

3. the believers are more aware of the surroundings and listening out for a ghost, but sceptics are more likely to hear something and think "oh, there must be a natural explanation for it"

4. the ghosts are messing with them. ghosts seem to like tricking people, like only appearing when not on camera, or moving things when peoples backs are turned. if the ghosts know someone is bringing a sceptical friend with them on an investigation, they might not appear just to frustrate the people.

5. the haunting may be faked, and the people involved know not to try in front of people who may want to analyse it more and dont believe its real, so instead wait til people who are more likely to beleive it are around.

6. the place might not be even haunted and the sceptic has thought of all the natural explanations for the things that happened.

bluelighttouch

Re: are ghosts scared of sceptics?

Post by bluelighttouch » 12 Oct 2011 20:56

Well next time you see a ghostie maybe you could ask that question... I have known an arch sceptic mate have a nasty shock and not to mention a fright.. he is a 100% believer in their existance now.....
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

junoomaha

Post by junoomaha » 12 Oct 2011 21:14

Does rather remind me of that story by James Herbert ''Haunted,'' in which a sceptic goes to stay at an old country house and right at the end discovers that everyone in the house are ghosts who have set out to teach him a lesson!
I doubt ghosts are scared of sceptics, they probably just ignore them.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 12 Oct 2011 21:17

Well it was no fairy tale.. He gave up ghost hunting after this experience...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

AlkHolic!©

Post by AlkHolic!© » 02 Feb 2013 19:04

I agree that ghosts aren't scared of skeptic's at all i don't think that they ignore them either , i honestly believe that a sceptic has the same opportunity to see, hear and feel ghosts. I think there sceptical nature prevents them from seeing the obvious.

We all know of people in bad relationships that really shouldn't be together, but although every one else can see that, they can not, it is a blinding ignorance of the inevitable and the truth.

I think this same ignorance is what prevents a sceptic seeing or communicating with ghosts.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 02 Feb 2013 19:31

................or maybe they are sceptical because they are scared it might be true. I wouldn't have thought ghosts would be scared of sceptics at all. In fact if I were a ghost I'd think I'd have great fun trying to convince a sceptic that I'm still around!

Welcome to the forum, AlkHolic......I've enjoyed reading your posts. :)

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Feb 2013 13:03

So times I think people either don't pay attention to their surroundings so don't see the obvious.. maybe they are distracted or preoccupied in some way..
If one actively seeks contact, we say they are more open to the possibilities... so they are more likely to be calm and accepting, ie not run screaming from the scene...
A sceptic probably wouldn't activly go looking.. but they seem to pop up when there is photgraphic evidence.. no matter how good it is... they will gather to rubbish it..rubbing their hands with glee.. Such a pity they were not present when the said images were captured..

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 03 Feb 2013 21:15

I think even if they were they would probably choose not to believe it, saying there is bound to be an explanation only no one has come up with one yet that can't be disproved.

Lexa61

Post by Lexa61 » 03 Feb 2013 22:38

Sometimes a sceptic and actually enhance an investigation, it is in their nature to be a doubter, yet all too often you get those who believe who are almost as radical in their belief as some in their sceptism.
I was at one investigation, when one gentleman professed himself to be a sceptic, heard a noise, we all heard it, some of who were sceptical believers were putting it down to movement in the house etc, looking for a logical answer when he said 'that was not natural, I can tell you that now.' Because he worked with sound recordings, he knew immediately it was of a paranormal nature.
While we were all trying to discount the sound, or work out what could have caused it ,he just stated that it was paranormal and accept it as so.

It could be that their negative energy, because most sit arms legs crossed with the attitude 'prove it to me', which is hardly very welcoming to us among the living, may put some 'ghosts' off.

AlkHolic!©

Post by AlkHolic!© » 04 Feb 2013 16:06

scepticism in my opinion is an ignorance, i think it is ignorant to think there is nothing after life, it is ignorant to think the paranormal doesn't exist and it is ignorant to think there is no life other then life on this planet. To defend myself we can all doubt, a doubter is one thing and a sceptic is another, a sceptic refuses to believe even after being presented with proof, if that is not ignorance what is.