Humans 'predisposed' to believe in the supernatural

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

bluelighttouch

Re: Humans 'predisposed' to believe in the supernatural

Post by bluelighttouch » 03 Jun 2014 10:58

Children are very trusting and they are like sponges soaking learning to speak our languages ans interpretate goood from evil as they go thru life.. They accept most of what they are taught until ol;d enough to question and debate themselves...

I found this Balders thread...and wondered how he is doing now, how his young lad was doing...etc...
Some of our Chiefs believe the land belongs to them...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

SandDancer
Competition Winner
Competition Winner

Post by SandDancer » 04 Jul 2014 21:04

Yes, I used to enjoy our 'discussions'. We had some humdingers didn't we?

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 05 Jul 2014 00:16

yeah, I haven't heard from him in ages

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 05 Jul 2014 14:27

I think his lil lad must be about 8 by now...
But that is not what The Great Spirit told me... He said No one owns the land, that the land belongs to him. We are just keepers of the land, for our children and for their childrens childen.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 18 Apr 2017 12:19

I thought I would perform a Resurrection :lol: seeing as its Easter time :lol:

So I went looking for this.. Like the thread title says 'If Humans are predisposed to Believing in the Supernatural or Afterlife'.. But what about Animals , we cannot ask them, yet we know they can to a point ,understand commands, have instict and show loyalty.. I am talking Dogs here but what about the more basic Ape like creatures..

Some of you may know that I am quite into Bigfoot.. This basic ?/ Apelike almost humanoid creature does exist.. They have been sighted in many continents and it is a testament to their intelligence that they are still around today..

After studying these alnost mythical creature, I do have a healthy respect for them It has often been said that what separate Humans from amimals is that Humans can use Tools and animals do not..
Well what about the Otter who dives down and brings up a fresh water oyster along with a stone. Then floats on his back bashing the oyster with the stone to get at the goodies, inside.. Isn't that using Tools??.?
As far as a Beleif in the Afterlife goes, ask your selves why we have Funerial rituals for our dead..
Well belive it or not so do Bigfoot!! They have specific places that they bury their dead and they even mark the area,what is more they collectively bury their dead in the same area,creating a burial ground.. They are very territorial, they mark the boundaries of this special place with an almost reverent display. They make cone shaped log piles.. They even defend the area from preditors human or animal... They possess intelligence and have a rudimentary language which they understand but we do not..
They use wood to construct intricate nesting living area and raise their young in family groups. They mark their territory by scent marking in an animal way. They bang on tree trunks to communicate with each other.. This shows intelligence too.. But do they believe in an afterlife..
We can only hazaed a guess... What do you think..?

Sherryanne

Post by Sherryanne » 18 Apr 2017 21:14

It's hard to say if they do or not but if Bigfoot does have the intelligence and habits as you have written I would think he does believe in some sort of afterlife.

All through the ages, cave drawing etc it appears man has belief we live on. It's seems like an instinct.

Animals appear to sense and see things that we don't. Their reaction can be mild and cool but can also be one of puzzlement and fear. I have seen this with my daughter's dog. She see's something we can't and we can think of no other explanation than she is seeing a ghost/spirit. Whether they understand what an afterlife is I am not sure.

It's an interesting thought. If only they could talk lols.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 19 Apr 2017 18:23

I watch another Bigfoot prog today and in it they had a witness observed a Bigfoot actually doing what Otters do and smashing a oyster with a rock to get at it..

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 24 Apr 2017 21:05

I don't think animals are intelligent enough to have a concept of the afterlife, or wonder what the meaning of life is. However, if hypothetically, a dog was to see a ghost, they would likely accept it and not question it as being anything unusual than if it was a real human doing the things it was doing and giving out the same feeling.

Looking at primitive humans, it is possible they had reached the level of intelligence where they could have some kind of concept of the afterlife, with having death rituals and stuff, and I guess an early belief in some kind of god, as a way to explain the things they have questions about but do not have the scientific knowledge to understand (like why it rains or why there is a day and night). If Bigfoot is real, and as intelligent as these primitive ancestors of ours, its likely they would have the same ideas.

bluelighttouch

Post by bluelighttouch » 25 Apr 2017 12:35

Yes good points.. I have seen my friends dog react to an orb floating across the fire place about a foot off the ground.. The orb was visble with the naked eye and my friend and I both saw it and the dogs reaction :lol: which was the Bull dog followed its with his eyes and growled at it.. We both looked at each other and laughed 'Spirit Cat we both said....

Primative humans ie Neaderthals buried their dead with grave goods and basic weapons.. So They must have thought that where ever the deceased was going, they might need weapons and some even placed food, grains etc there..

I saw in very many States of USA that Bigfoots seem to place structures to mark burial sites.. Tripod shaped log piles mark the perimeters and they are the same form in all of the state reporting their presence.. They do seen to communicate witheach other in some kind of rudimentary language.. Which is often mimics by researchers investigating them.
Recently one was ewcordedspeaking an Apache phrase which translated to 'Iam here!'.... So I conclude they do have basic intelligence and the ability to mimic sounds heard....

But then so do Parrots, Bugerigars and Jackdaws :lol:

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by kayls » 25 Apr 2017 20:12

Parrots are apparently as intelligent as a human five year old.