Hawking says

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
ghostie
Banned
Banned

Re: Hawking says

Post by ghostie » 22 May 2011 15:06

Amazing isn't it how people assert there is no afterlife without looking at the mountain of evidence for the afterlife
and some of it pretty strong evidence.. :?:

Many sceptics believe in materialism as if it were a religion and they often refuse to consider evidence that contradicts their beliefs

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 27 May 2011 17:40

i guess everyone has different standards of what they call evidence, i blame this on people who fake things, this makes the ones which could be genuine seem harder to believe.

capedcrusader

Post by capedcrusader » 27 May 2011 18:48

ghostie wrote:I would respect them if they admitted it instead of pretending to know everything
and shouting the odds :mad:
Like you, you mean? You're adamant that there is an afterlife and get cross when people challenge that belief. I would respect you more if you at least said that you THINK the words you hear in your 'ghostbox' are from the afterlife, not that they DEFINATELY are. See what I mean? Your post above can swing both ways, Ian.

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 27 May 2011 19:15

mark, i get what you are trying to say-that nobody knows for sure and should ever say that they know that there is or isnt an afterlife, or know that something is a ghost, and that this applies to believers too. i think most of this is about wording things-you can say you believe in the afterlife, or you think something has to be paranormal, but nobody can really be sure or know that something is a ghost. its just easier to word things that way though...cause most people dont say "i saw something i think could be a ghost" they say "i saw a ghost", or find it easier to say that there is an afterlife than to say that they believe that there is an afterlife.

i wouldnt recommend aiming posts at members though, as that just asks for trouble. please keep this thread civil.

Topic author
ghostie
Banned
Banned

Post by ghostie » 28 May 2011 14:42

markie,i have repeatable objective evidence for the afterlife until someone can prove me wrong, and there is strong evidence in proxy sittings and poltergeist activity..its not some fair story,it happens to be real..more real than alot of people i know..In effect hawking and his side kick dawkins are saying there is no evidence for the afterlife which is ridiculous beyond words.what they should be saying in all fairness is that the evidence is not concrete proof for the afterlife but they hide from the facts
Many sceptics believe in materialism as if it were a religion and they often refuse to consider evidence that contradicts their beliefs

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 28 May 2011 15:23

ghostie wrote:markie,i have repeatable objective evidence for the afterlife until someone can prove me wrong, and there is strong evidence in proxy sittings and poltergeist activity..its not some fair story,it happens to be real..more real than alot of people i know..In effect hawking and his side kick dawkins are saying there is no evidence for the afterlife which is ridiculous beyond words.what they should be saying in all fairness is that the evidence is not concrete proof for the afterlife but they hide from the facts
i dont think it could be more real than people, but i get what you mean. what markie is trying to say is that its not possible for you to know that it is real, but that it is possible to believe it is real.

yeah, your right, that is what some of the well known sceptics should be saying, a statement like "there is no afterlife" is closed minded and makes no sense cause he doesnt know that, he believes that, but a statement like "i dont believe in the afterlife, i have yet to see any evidence that is concrete proof of it" is is fine. it is a bit rediculous to say that there is no evidence, as there is evidence-it does prove the afterlife to some people. it just isnt enough to prove it to the person who said that.

although this sort of thing is more likely to go on the internet cause its controversy, people want to read and argue about people saying they know-to either say yeah, theyre right, or no, they are wrong, cause when people on the internet feel someones opinion is wrong, they cant help debating. they would probably not want to debate as much if these people actually said that they didnt know all of the answers.

Topic author
ghostie
Banned
Banned

Post by ghostie » 28 May 2011 16:58

but these people that debate do not study the evidence and famous cases like the enfield poltergeist and the scole experiment they automatically assume are hoxes, and the voices that interact with me on my ghost box are real unless someone can give a reasonable explanation..but of course some will not accept it no matter what.Evidence is evidence..

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 28 May 2011 17:03

some people do though, just dont think its good enough, others may not though and just presume they are fake, but i guess that kind of person will never believe in the afterlife unless they see something for themselfes.

i think saying something is real until an explanation is found is perfectly reasonable :)

Topic author
ghostie
Banned
Banned

Post by ghostie » 28 May 2011 17:22

you bet it is,how the hell can something that is real not be real. we live in a very crazy world and thank god life is short as it is

kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by kayls » 28 May 2011 17:25

are you ok ian? im worried about you. we shouldnt go through life for the afterlife, we should live life for what it is.