Debate Rules

This forum is for serious discussions, debates, and questions you have about the paranormal or afterlife.
Forum rules
Please keep the debates in here intelligent by:

1. Respecting other members opinions and responding to them without insults or aggressive language
2. Stepping away from the computer when you are angry
3. Remaining open minded at all times.

Please try to keep your posts on topic and intelligent, and minimising short posts. If you wish to quote another website, please provide a link to the source.
For the convenience of other members and for the bots that visit the forum from search engines, please provide some explanation of what the thing you have linked to has to do with the subject of the thread, especially if the link you have posted contains a lot of text.

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Debate Rules

Post by kayls » 28 Mar 2011 17:15

These rules are for the Paranormal Debate forum.
The rules for the rest of the forum also apply here.

Members who repeatedly break the rules to this forum (especially the ones relating to respecting others opinions), may have their access to this forum removed.

Respecting others opinions

1. The opinions of other members, whether believers or sceptics, should be respected.
2. We are here to talk about the subject of the thread, not eachother-no personal insults.
3. If you want to say that you disagree with someones opinions, please explain why, and do not call them wrong or uninformed.
4. Please read through your replies before posting them, and if the debate does get too heated and you do get angry, or if the debate does turn to insults, please do not insult the members or start making angry responses.

"Anyone who believes that is an idiot" is WRONG. The correct thing to say is "I do not agree, I think that..."
"You are so gullible, that is clearly fake" is WRONG. The correct thing to say is "I think that was faked because..."
"You are uninformed/stupid" is WRONG. The correct thing to say is "Here is some information that I found on it..."

Post Layout

1. Please minimise the amount of really short (less than 10 word) posts. This is ok every now and again, but not in almost every post. First posts should preferably have at least two sentences.
2. If you post a link or copy and paste something, please write a summary of what it said/meant or your opinions on it in your own words.
3. If you copy and paste something, please put it in speech marks " or a [quote] bbcode, and provide a link to the original source.
Last edited by kayls on 02 Apr 2011 12:47, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: *sigh* just make sure you dont post short posts too often

Topic author
kayls
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Debate Rules

Post by kayls » 29 Mar 2011 20:14

I have changed the rules, due to some members struggling to find 5 sentences on things to say.

I have dropped it down to 3, which is a lot easier to do, but it is still enough for it to be intelligent and encourage members to give reasons why they believe what they do.