These rules are disclosed to clarify the various responsibilities of all community members here on The Most Haunted Forum. They shall be adhered to by everyone to ensure that our board runs smoothly and provides a fun and productive experience for all of our community members and visitors.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionably copyright status) video or audio clips. #
- Cross-posting is not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Cross-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the organizational structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed. #
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community as this action is not reversible. #
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally. #
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored. #
- Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers. #
- Extreme political and/or religious views are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will result in an extreme political or religious view, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures and other content. When discussing politics or religion please always consider other peoples opinion and belief. #
- Signatures are limited to six (6) lines of text. This includes blank lines. The text in the signature may be customized by the BBCode in use on the forums. It is recommended that you stick with readable fonts and colors and that the size is not too large. Focus on things that you like, not things that you don’t. If you would like to use an image in your signature it may not be larger than 400 pixels by 200 pixels (width by height). #
- Respect is the name of the game. You must respect your fellow members. Please refrain from inflammatory and defamatory comments as well as flaming, taunting, and general disrespect. Do not simply put down the opinion or advice given by others. If you don’t agree with it, say why – respectfully. Don’t just tell them they’re wrong. Do not make uninvited remarks about typos, duplicate posts, posting styles, etc. When an opinion-based discussion is being had, do not state things like “there is no argument” as if your opinion is the only one or the only one that matters. When someone has clearly stated their opinion, do not say things like “Are you serious” and “Are you kidding me?” Remember, this is not a debate club. This is a friendly discussion community. Allow people to have their opinion. No one is to act as some sort of opinion judge, responding to each one to say whether they agree with it or not or whether or not it is a valid well thought out opinion. We do not allow threads to be started to discuss who or what is the most overrated, who or what is your least favourite, etc. #
- Staff have the final say on anything. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to them directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. We are not perfect and if you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a staff member and we will review the situation. If you would like a copy of your removed post so that you can adjust it and repost, please contact us. As long as we wouldn’t prefer you to simply start over, we’ll be glad to send you a copy. #
- Whenever you are participating in this community, please keep in mind that we strive to create a fun, friendly, inviting and unique atmosphere. So, please have fun and enjoy the forums! #
Freedom of speech rights do not extend to privately owned websites, such as this one. These guidelines detail the types of behaviour and activities that are allowed here.
If a user violates our guidelines and shows a disregard for them, our staff and our community, they run the risk of losing their account. We reserve the right to deactivate any account and to edit or remove any content without warning. These guidelines are subject to change at any time without notice. #
- Automated account creation, participation, and content scraping is not permitted. #
- While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase our post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. When participating in game threads such as “Word Association Game” or “What song are you listening to right now?” please do not post consecutive replies within a short period of time. #